Monday, February 27, 2006

Welcome Home & Showers of Love


What a wonderful week we've had! We received an email last week from Jynger (our case manager) that mentioned that they hope to have Mia's passport within the month...wow! We could travel before the end of March! Unbelievable!

Last Friday, Dustin and I were invited to the airport to welcome home Ian - I call him, "Mia's little buddy". What a special day it was! He's such a handsome little man! I was even able to hold him! Boy, was it the wrong day to forget to wear waterproof mascara! We felt very lucky to be part of such a special moment.

On Saturday, Dustin and I attended our first shower for Mia. Our hostesses did such a great job - everything was just gorgeous! The cake was so stunning - I didn't even want to touch it! I registered for blankets to take to the kiddos in India and what a sight it was to see all of them! I might have to ship the blankets to India rather than taking another suitcase! We really appreciate everyone that donated a blanket. They will be put to good use. We would also like to thank everyone who attended the shower - thanks for helping us welcome her home in this way.

No comments: