Sunday, May 06, 2007

Quite a Reunion & Big Big News




What a day we had on Saturday! We traveled to Tulsa to visit with our friends Nadra and Charlie and their son, Ian and Grace and Shane and their daughter, Jadyn. Mia, Ian and Jadyn all spent the first part of their lives in the same childcare facility in Kolkata, India. Mia and Ian were crib buddies and Jadyn just came home earlier this year.

We had a wonderful time...we spent some time at Nadra & Charlie's before we headed out to the Tulsa Zoo. It was fun to see the little ones interact together! After the kids got their fill of the zoo (elephants, polar bears and the play ground) we all went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, India Palace. Mia sure was tired by the time we hit the road! We all had a great time!

We feel so blessed to have such wonderful people & kiddos in our lives. I know there is a reason we've all been brought into each other's lives and I hope that someday our kids will feel that same special bond. Hopefully, this is the first play date of many more to come!

Okay, here's the big news....

WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!

Total miracle! Wasn't supposed to happen, but I guess with God anything is possible! I am almost 3 months pregnant! We had to postpone our current adoption due to the pregnancy, so that's why I haven't posted in a while. It was devastating to have to stop our adoption...in fact I took it pretty hard. I guess it was hard for me to switch gears so fast. The earliest we can start up the adoption process again is next summer, so that's the plan!

We feel totally blessed and excited! We are just so thankful that this didn't happen any sooner...we wouldn't have Miss Mia in our lives (such a sad and scary thought). God's timing is perfect! I guess you can say we will get to experience the best of both worlds!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Angie,
Congratulations on your pregnancy! What exciting news...but now you get to be the one every seems to know as "this one couple adopted, AND THEN THEY GOT PREGNANT!" LOL!! All in fun.....seriously, congratulations again.
Hugs from Micah's Momma
Pam

Karen said...

Congratulations, Angie!!! Woo-hoo! So excited for your family.

I'm sorry your adoption had to be de-railed...that must have been very hard...but I'm glad you're on a different, also happy, journey.

I love all the photos of Mia, Ian, and Jadyn! What cuties, all 3!

Take care -
Karen (Dillon)

Nadra said...

Angie,

I'm glad you finally posted about your pregancy. We are THRILLED for you guys. Can't wait to see the new Tucker.

We love you guys so much. It was great seeing you yesterday and we look forward to our next outing.

Love,
Nadra

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!! I know its hard to postpone the adoption but pregnancy is fun too. I know that God is wonderful bringing you such a miracle. I will continue to look for more news.

Adoption Blog said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What Fantastic news! We are delighted for you all!!! I am still laughing at Pam's comment and she is so right when she says that "you will be the couple who adopted and then got pg!" HA! ;-)

When is the baby due?

Hugs from Luxembourg

Sas