Friday, July 21, 2006

Durant Shower

Over the weekend, we traveled to Durant for Mia's baby shower. Everyone was so generous, it was an amazing day. Mia received many wonderful gifts - I can't imagine having to buy her anything for years!

We had a great time visiting with relatives, some of whom had yet to meet Mia. It was a very special day. Dustin and I enjoyed it very much, and as you might be able to tell from some of the photos, so did Mia!

For those of you who read my blog you have probably heard me mention our friends Nadra and Charlie (Ian's parents). Last week, Charlie was very sick and had to be hospitalized. He is now home and on the road to recovery, but if you would, please say a quick prayer for the family. Thank you.

Sas, thanks for the comments you have posted on my blog! I've searched for a way to respond, but can't find a link to your email address or a blog that you have created. Anyway, I'm very excited to hear that you are adopting from India! It has truly been a blessing to Dustin and I (as I'm sure you can tell from reading my blog). You asked about how our dog was reacting to the new addition to our family...well, our puppy (10 months old), Charlie, has done quite well. At first, he was very jealous as any "only child" would be! But now I can hardly stop the two from giving each other kisses 24-7! Anyway, good luck with the adoption - stay strong - it can be a very hard and long process (but VERY worth it in the end)! Congratulations and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Thanks to all of you who were involved with the baby shower - we had a great time! I'll post a few pics below.

4 comments:

tracie said...

hey there guys! what cute pics....and how fun still having showers!!!!! LET US KNOW WHEN YOU'RE COMING and we'll come see you guys:) love littel Mia, how precious is she. can't wait to see you really soon. take care.

Adoption Blog said...

It seems like you all had a blast! the pictures are cute! ;-)

Thank you for responding to my post. You can find my blog on www.indiaadopt.blogspot.com
I haven't posted much regarding our daughter. I will explain why in a private email. You can also mail me on pashminag@yahoo.com

I love seeing how Mia is doing...somehow it makes me feel closer to our Princess. Strange, isn't it?

Moushette said...

Hello,

I enjoy reading your blog since I have adopted to Indian origin childrend. My daugther Scarlett who was 2 on June 24th arrived in France end of September !

Your little Mia is absolutely gorgeous, and her eyes are so expressive....

Congratulations, and all the best for the 3 of you !


PS : Hi Sas, blogworld is small ain't it ;-) !!!

Adoption Blog said...

Long time no hear! How is Miss Mia doing? Enjoying her summer I hope!

Exited Sas (yeap we are off to pick our Bundle of Joy on the 9th!)